Click to Call
D & E Insurance Agency

1903 N Main St,
Muskogee, OK 74401

Get Directions

D & E Insurance Agency Blog

Required Commercial Insurance in Oklahoma

If you own a business in Oklahoma, it’s important to have all of the commercial insurance that you need to keep it well-protected. It’s helpful to know what kind of policies are available as well as which types may be mandated by the state for your business. Many businesses are required to have certain types of commercial insurance in order to provide protection to the public, but these policies also protect your business.

To get the business insurance you need, call us at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK to get started. 

Required Commercial Insurance in Oklahoma

Workers’ Compensation Insurance

This is a type of commercial insurance that protects both you and your employees. In Oklahoma, every business that has any number of employees, even just one, is required to have workers’ compensation insurance, often referred to as workers’ comp. It is required whether your employees are part-time or full-time. This type of commercial coverage pays for the many costs that can be due after an employee has an accident with an injury while working. If there is an accident, the policy pays for their medical bills, any legal costs associated with the injury, and disability benefits to the employee if they are needed. This ensures that those costs can be covered no matter what the size of the business. 

Commercial Auto Insurance

Also required by the state is commercial auto insurance when applicable. When an Oklahoma business owns a vehicle, it must be covered by one of these policies. This ensures that after an accident, the insurance company will pay for the claim. If you have personal insurance on a work vehicle, the company is unlikely to pay any part of the claim. Having this insurance protects your business as well as people who get into an accident with one of your company’s vehicles. 

Get Commercial Insurance

When you need this type of insurance, we can help. Call us now at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Why You Need Home Insurance

When you are the owner of your own home, it’s important for you to take steps to protect it in every way that you can. One way to do this is to get home insurance to protect your home against a wide range of risks. Home insurance is an important part of the way that you protect your finances as well. When you need home insurance, we are here to help. Call us today at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Why You Need Home Insurance

Home Protection

One of the types of coverage that you get in a home policy is protection for the house. This gives you protection against a broad range of accidents, disasters, and other events that can cause damage to your house. When something does happen to it that causes its damage, your policy can pay for the repair bills that become necessary, less your deductible. When this happens, your policy can save you many thousands on these repairs to protect you financially. 

Protection for Your Belongings

Another important type of coverage in these policies is item protection. When you own a home, everything in it is also covered by your home insurance. This coverage is important with the amount of value that all of your items are worth when put together. If those items should be damaged or ruined by a covered event, your home insurance policy can pay for you to replace the ruined items and repair the damaged ones. This is another way that your home insurance saves you a large amount of money after a damaging event happens to your home and/or belongings. 

Get Your Home Coverage

If you own your own home and don’t have home insurance, don’t wait to get it. Call us right away at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Do I Need Renters Insurance If My Apartment Complex Has Insurance?

If your complex has a communal insurance policy for all of the tenants, then you may not need to get renters insurance. However, if your complex doesn’t have a communal policy, then it is vital that you get renters insurance to protect your belongings in the case that something happens. 

For more details and help, confer with D & E Insurance Agency, the agency serving the greater Muskogee, OK community. 

Renters Insurance in Apartment Complex: What You Need To Know

If your apartment complex has a full-service building insurance program, you do not need to purchase renters insurance. However, if your complex’s building insurance is not comprehensive, you will need to purchase additional comprehensive coverage. 

If you have a problem with your apartment complex’s building insurance, first identify the issue and then work with your insurance adjuster to work out a solution. Rental insurance can help protect your investment if you’re renting an entire apartment to someone else. 

Many apartment buildings have an option that provides renters insurance as a part of their regular insurance package. If you’re renting an entire building, you can choose to add renters insurance as an option. 

The reason you may need the renters insurance is because the landlord’s insurance will only cover damage caused by other tenants within the building. For example, if your washer floods and damages your apartment building’s common areas and other people’s apartments as well, then the landlord’s insurance will pay for that damage. 

If there is a storm outside of the apartment complex and lightning strikes one of your appliances causing it to burst into flames and burn down your entire apartment building (and everything inside of it), then no one would be able to help pay for these damages. That’s because they would not be covered by anyone else’s insurance. 

The only way they could be paid for would be through an umbrella policy on top of an individual renters policy but this can cost thousands of dollars per year. It isn’t usually worth it unless you have extremely valuable items such as jewelry or art in addition to expensive electronics. 

Contact Us Today

If your building has an insurance policy, but you aren’t sure whether it has the proper coverage, you can get a list of the building’s policies and contact the building owner directly. If your apartment complex has insurance, you might not need to take out the full insurance policy. 

However, if your insurance covers only a portion of the costs, ensure to include what’s not covered in your premiums. The complex’s insurance only cover the common areas, such as the pool, gym and hallways. For more inquiries, give us a call at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

How to Properly Insure Your Business Against Potential Risks

As a business owner, you know that there are always potential risks lurking around every corner. Whether it’s a natural disaster, a faulty product, or even a lawsuit, it’s important to have your business properly insured against any potential losses. But with so many different types of insurance available, it can be tough to know where to start.

D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK offers this guide on how to properly insure your business against potential risks, so you can rest easy knowing that your livelihood is protected.

How to Properly Insure Your Business Against Potential Risks

1. Understand the Most Common Types of Business Insurance

There are a few different types of insurance that are commonly used to protect businesses. The most common type is property insurance, which covers damage to your business property (e.g., your office, inventory, etc.). You’ll also need to carry workers’ compensation insurance if you have employees. And if you’re selling products or services, you’ll need product liability insurance to protect against any losses that might occur due to a defective product.

2. Know What Your Business Needs

Once you understand the most common types of business insurance, it’s time to start thinking about what your business needs. Not all businesses need the same type or amount of insurance, so it’s important to assess your risks and determine what coverage is right for you. If you’re unsure where to start, talk to your insurance agent or broker about what type of coverage is right for your business.

3. Get the Right Amount of Coverage

Once you know what type of insurance you need, it’s time to ensure you have the right amount of coverage. The amount of coverage you need will depend on the size and type of your business and the risks you face. Again, your insurance agent or broker can help you determine the right amount of coverage for your business.

4. Review Your Coverage Regularly

Your business is constantly changing, so it’s important to review your insurance coverage regularly. As your business grows, you may need to increase your coverage to ensure you’re properly protected. Similarly, your insurance needs may change if you move to a new location or introduce new products or services. By reviewing your coverage regularly, you can ensure that your business is always properly protected.

Give Us A Call

No matter what type of business you have, it’s important to have the right insurance in place to protect against potential risks. D & E Insurance Agency can help you find the right coverage for your business in Muskogee, OK or surrounding areas, so you can rest easy knowing that your livelihood is protected. Contact us today to get started.

Required Auto Insurance in Oklahoma

When you have a vehicle in Oklahoma, it is required to have auto insurance for it. Drivers must have a policy and provide proof of it when they are asked to do so. There are different types of auto coverage, and there are two types required by state law. If you have an Oklahoma vehicle, and you don’t yet have a policy, it’s time to call us at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK to get started. 

Required Auto Insurance

Liability Auto Coverage

There are two types of liability coverage required by the state and three amounts of coverage needed. The coverage types are bodily injury and property damage liability. There are two amounts required for bodily injury coverage. One is a smaller amount for a single person who is injured in an accident you are liable for. The second is a larger amount for all of the injured parties from the accident. There is also an amount required for property damage which pays for the damage to vehicles, landscaping, buildings, etc., caused in an accident that is your fault. All of these required amounts are relatively low when you consider how much medical bills and vehicle repairs can be. You can add to the amount of coverage you have for liability in order to better protect yourself. 

Other Auto Coverage

There are other types of auto coverage that you can add to your policy. It’s often recommended that you get collision coverage. This pays for your own property’s damage after you have caused an accident. Comprehensive coverage is a type that covers various risks to your vehicle when it isn’t being driven.  

Get Your Auto Insurance

Never go without auto insurance for as long as you own your car. To get started, call us at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Why You Need Renter’s Insurance in Muskogee OK

You don’t own your home. But that doesn’t mean you can’t protect your belongings. Renter’s insurance is a type of insurance policy that provides coverage for your possessions if they are damaged or stolen while you are renting. While it is not mandatory to have renter’s insurance in Muskogee, OK, it is highly advisable, especially if you have a lot of valuable belongings.

Who Needs Renter’s Insurance?

Almost everyone who rents an apartment or house should have renter’s insurance. The policy provides coverage for your possessions in the event of damage or theft, which can be extremely helpful if you have many valuable items. A D & E Insurance Agency representative can help you determine if renter’s insurance is the right choice for you.

What Does Renter’s Insurance Cover?

Renter’s insurance covers the replacement cost of your belongings if they are damaged or stolen. The policy also typically includes liability coverage if there’s an injury on the property you rent.

Although your landlord’s insurance policy covers the building, it does not cover your belongings or provides liability coverage for you. That’s why renter’s insurance is so important. It fills in the gaps and protects you and your belongings.

How Much Renter’s Insurance Do I Need?

The amount of renter’s insurance you need depends on the value of your belongings. Most policies provide $25,000 to $50,000 in coverage, but you may need more or less, depending on your situation.

Why Is Renter’s Insurance Important?

Even if you don’t have many valuable belongings, renter’s insurance is still good. The policy can help if you’re displaced because of an apartment fire or other disaster. It can also cover the cost of temporary housing and other related expenses.

A D & E Insurance Agency representative can help you determine how much coverage you need in Muskogee, OK.

Does your Oklahoma home have the protection it needs?

If you want to make sure that your Muskogee, OK area home has the protection it needs, give the D & E Insurance Agency a call today. We can help you determine if your current policy provides the protection you need.

How a comprehensive home policy can help you

When you have a comprehensive home policy in place, you can rest assured that you have the coverage you need. Our homes and belongings are a massive part of our lives, and they need to be protected.

By ensuring that there are no gaps in coverage or protection in your current policy, you can feel confident that any accident will be covered.

A comprehensive policy can help protect things such as electronic devices and equipment, artwork, jewelry, and other personal items. This is in addition to the structure of your home and any outbuildings. While every situation is different, having comprehensive coverage may also include having a separate personal article policy or rider.

Working with a local agent who will take the time to review your insurance needs thoroughly is an incredibly effective way to ensure that you get the protection you need. Now is a perfect time for a complete policy review!

Want to find out more? Call us today!

D & E Insurance Agency is there to help the entire Muskogee, OK community with all of its insurance needs. Our team understands how important your home is to you, and we want you to have the coverage you need. Give us a call or stop by today to find out more!

Does my auto insurance cover a rental car

When you choose an independent insurance agent,  they work for you not for one insurance company. Independent agents represent many carriers, which allows them to find one that is the perfect fit for every customer. At D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK, we work with our customers to personalize their insurance coverage. 

When it comes to renting a car, you will probably be doing it online. These days it is the usual way to rent a car. As soon as you have placed your dates, destination, and car choice, questions about insurance coverage will start to pop up. Nobody wants to pay for insurance they don’t need at the same time, no one wants to be driving without having the coverage they need. 

Whether or not your auto insurance will cover a rental car depends on exactly what your policy looks like. If it is a basic auto insurance policy, then there will not be enough coverage. You need to have a policy with collision and comprehensive coverage. It needs to protect the vehicle itself, not just you, from liability. 

Before you decide to say yes to any coverage that the rental car company offers, check with your credit card company to find out if it provides rental car coverage. Many of them do. 

You do not need to take additional liability coverage from the rental car company if you are happy with your coverage. If you have home, condo, or renters insurance, you don’t need theft insurance for your vehicle. All you need is a CDW that takes you out of the picture in the event of damage to the car. It’s expensive but gives peace of mind.  

Contact D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK when you are in the market for auto insurance.  

Why home-based businesses need commercial insurance

About 50% of all businesses are home-based. There are many reasons for their popularity, but when you are considering starting your own business, it takes less cash outlay if you don’t have to rent a building for your business. It also allows more freedom to run your business out of your home. Protecting your home business is every bit as important as one with a brick-and-mortar location. D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK is your local independent insurance agent and we take the time to get to know our customers to better serve them. 


Home insurance includes liability coverage and it will protect you from an injury that happens to one of your guests or to someone a member of your family injures. If you are using your home for business and customers or clients are visiting you there, they will not be covered by your home insurance liability coverage. You need to have specific commercial liability in order to protect yourself and your assets. 


Home insurance protects your home from a variety of hazards. In the event that something happens to your home, your business could be seriously damaged. Home insurance is going to have very little coverage for your business machinery, office equipment, and other things that you need to do business. You need these things to do business, it is important that you make sure you have the coverage you need. 


If you are using your personal auto for business purposes, you need to have commercial auto insurance. A personal auto policy will not cover any damage that is incurred while you are using your vehicle for business purposes. It isn’t worth the risk not to have it. 

Contact D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK to discuss the importance of commercial insurance to home-based businesses.

A Brief Look at Things Your Homeowner’s Insurance May Not Cover

Your home insurance policy is designed to protect you, your family, and your home against an assortment of risks. For instance, if a fire breaks out, your home is vandalized, or a bad storm blows through, your home is protected if it is damaged. Your home insurance policy also covers medical and legal expenses in the event another person is injured while at your home. However, the traditional home insurance policy won’t cover everything. The team at D & E Insurance Agency wants to explain a few things that may not be covered under your Muskogee, OK home insurance policy.

Earthquake Damage

Although a natural disaster, earthquakes are not covered under the standard home insurance policy. If you live in an area where natural disasters like earthquakes and mudslides are common, you will want to speak to an agent about specific coverage for this event.  

Flood Damage

Whether from a hurricane, heavy rainstorm, or burst pipe, flood damage also isn’t covered under your conventional policy. Again, you will need to purchase additional coverage specifically related to flood insurance in order to ensure you are covered when a disaster like this strikes.

High-Value Items

High-valued items like artwork, jewelry, collectibles, and the like are actually covered by your home insurance policy—but only up to a certain amount. Therefore, in the event of a covered loss, you may need to purchase additional coverage to ensure you are fully compensated for your assets. This may require an appraisal so you know how much your items are worth, then you can obtain adequate coverage for your items.

When you are in need of home insurance in Muskogee, OK or a policy to cover one of the aforementioned events, reach out to the team at D & E Insurance Agency. We can help you identify your specific needs and set you up with a policy that matches your lifestyle and budget.

Partner Carriers

  • Access Insurance Company
  • American Modern
  • AmWINS
  • Equity Insurance Company
  • Gainsco
  • Harbor
  • Liberty Bankers Life
  • National Lloyds
  • The National Security Group
  • Progressive
  • Traders Insurance
  • Travelers
  • UAIC