Click to Call
D & E Insurance Agency

1903 N Main St,
Muskogee, OK 74401

Get Directions

Oklahoma Motorcycle Insurance Coverage

Motorcycle Insurance in Oklahoma

If you are thinking about getting a motorcycle, there are certain laws that you need to follow if you are going to drive legally. First, you will need to have a motorcycle endorsement (M) on your license. To get this endorsement, you will need to take a written test, a driving test, and a vision test.

After you have passed all the tests, you won't be able to ride your motorcycle until you take out a motorcycle insurance plan. If you are unfamiliar with motorcycle insurance, you should know the state-required minimums as well as the higher limits of coverage that you can choose.

Oklahoma State Minimum

Under Oklahoma state law, you must carry at least the state minimum to legally ride your motorcycle. The minimum requirements include:

  • $25,000 bodily injury for one person per accident
  • $50,000 for bodily injury for two or more people per accident
  • $25,000 property damage liability

It is important to understand that the state minimum coverage won't cover your bodily injuries or damage your motorcycle.

Motorcycle Collision Insurance

If you want your medical bills and the damage to your motorcycle to be covered if you cause an accident, you would need motorcycle collision insurance. When you add this to your policy, your premiums would be higher, but you would have the added protection.

If you are still making payments on your motorcycle, there is a good chance that the lender will require you to take out this insurance.

Comprehensive Coverage

This will cover your motorcycle if it is damaged in any way other than a collision, such as a fire or vandalism. This will also cover if your motorcycle is stolen.

Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist

In Oklahoma, you don't have to have this coverage, but it is a good idea. If you are hit by a driver who has no insurance or not enough insurance to cover the damages, this coverage will pay.

As soon as you purchase your motorcycle, you should contact D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK. Our agents can help you purchase a policy that will give you the coverage you need. To get your policy started, give us a call or stop by the office today.

Request a Quote

Additional Information

Coming Soon...

Partner Carriers

  • Access Insurance Company
  • American Modern
  • AmWINS
  • Equity Insurance Company
  • Gainsco
  • Harbor
  • Liberty Bankers Life
  • National Lloyds
  • The National Security Group
  • Progressive
  • Traders Insurance
  • Travelers
  • UAIC