Click to Call
D & E Insurance Agency

1903 N Main St,
Muskogee, OK 74401

Get Directions

D & E Insurance Agency Blog

Get Auto Insurance Protections from Muskogee OK’s Most Dangerous Intersections

An Overview of Muskogee’s Most Dangerous Intersections by D & E Insurance Agency

The most dangerous intersections are often reported by local citizens and the Department of Transportation authorities, who collect data on frequent automobile accidents and the flow of traffic patterns in the region.

Factors that make an intersection dangerous include some or all of the following:

  1. Complex Traffic Layouts
  2. High Traffic Volume
  3. Poor Visibility
  4. High Speeds
  5. Frequent Turning
  6. Inadequate Traffic Control Devices

Muskogee’s most dangerous intersections identified by local sources and long-time residents include:

  • Country Club Road and Shawnee Bypass: High speeds, no left turn light, and traffic congestion lead to numerous fender benders, rear ends, and sideswipes.
  • US 62 / Shawnee Bypass between 6th and 11th Street: This area reports a higher-than-normal amount of auto accidents due to high congestion and a complex layout.
  • US 69 and 24th Street: This intersection is along one of the most congested and highly traveled routes in the area. High traffic volumes drive auto-related incidents here.
  • Okmulgee Avenue at 40th Street, 43rd Street, 44th Street, and 54th Street: This main thoroughfare sees more than its fair share of collisions due to frequent turns and a lack of adequate traffic control devices.

Protect Your Automobile in Muskogee, OK

Now that you have a better idea of where some of the city’s worst traffic congestion and high incidents of auto accidents occur be proactive in protecting your auto from the financial fallout that can result from local fender benders. A comprehensive auto insurance policy can protect your vehicle against a wide variety of perils.

Talk to a licensed and knowledgeable D & E Insurance Agency agent today to get a comprehensive insurance quote to protect your vehicle from accidents, theft, natural disasters, and vandalism!

Can You Get Auto Insurance Before You Buy a Car?

Preparing for Vehicle Ownership: The Role of Car Insurance

If you’re in the process of procuring a car, you must be deliberating over car insurance. Driving efficiency, some individuals prefer to have their car insurance squared away even before their first car acquisition. If that sounds familiar, our team of professionals at D & E Insurance Agency serving Muskogee, OK, can guide you through the necessary steps to ensure a seamless car purchase.

Car Insurance: A Compulsory Requirement

It’s unavoidable—car insurance is an essential prerequisite to driving a car. The inability to secure an insurance policy prior to owning a vehicle can be a source of confusion. To finalize the policy sale, your insurance agent will require details such as your car’s VIN (vehicle identification number).

Initiating An Insurance Policy Before Car Purchase

You may not finalize a car insurance policy without owning a car, but you can certainly shop for a policy and orchestrate most policy details beforehand. Such pre-emptive measures help streamline the car purchase process at the dealership. Once most policy details are outlined, the final step involves a simple phone call to your insurance agent to disclose the VIN and other relevant data.

Setting up an auto insurance policy is a simplified process, and it’s critical to coordinate your car purchase with your insurance agency’s operational hours for timely communication of your information.

Questions on Insurance for a New Car?

If you have questions about securing an auto insurance policy for your future car, don’t hesitate to reach out to the D & E Insurance Agency serving Muskogee, OK, for more information. We’re here to help.

Can I insure someone else’s car for myself to drive?

Everyone has a different life and circumstances. While most auto insurance is specifically tailored to individuals and their automobiles, there are other policies designed for non-owners. If you drive regularly but don’t own a vehicle in Muskogee, OK, D & E Insurance Agency can help you find a policy that works for you. 

How Does Non-Owner Auto Insurance Work?

Not every insurance company even offers non-owner policies. Normally, insurance follows the car instead of the driver. That way, people can allow their friends and family members to borrow their vehicles. 

With a non-owner policy, the insurance follows the driver. A non-owner policy provides liability protection to the driver in whatever car the driver is currently operating. Without additional protection, there is not usually coverage for other damages, such as the driver’s own injuries. 

Reasons You May Need a Non-Owner Policy

Here are the main reasons people get non-owner auto insurance:

  • You may need to carry a non-owner policy temporarily if you are between vehicles and you want to avoid a lapse in coverage.
  • Sometimes the court orders individuals to carry insurance after certain kinds of convictions. If those individuals do not currently own a vehicle, they can meet their legal requirements by getting a non-owner insurance policy.
  • Many people find it more practical to rent cars on a regular basis instead of maintaining and storing their own vehicles. If you do this, make sure your non-owner policy covers rentals.
  • If you don’t own a car but borrow other cars regularly, you can get a non-owner policy that will kick as secondary coverage.

We Are Here To Help

If you would like to discuss non-owner auto insurance, or if you have questions about auto insurance in general, please feel free to call D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK today.

The Risk of Driving Without Auto Insurance

If you own a car, you will likely need to take out an auto insurance plan. These plans can reduce risks by providing payouts in a variety of circumstances. As such, car owners should closely consider their insurance options and should reach out to an insurance agent if they have any questions. Get in touch with D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK to learn more.

The Road Can Be a Dangerous Place

Each year, millions of car accidents occur in the United States. Often, the property is damaged, and accidents can also produce expensive medical bills. Auto insurance may cover some of the costs that result from an accident. Of course, it’s crucial for policyholders to read the fine print, as some things may not be covered.

When an uninsured motorist gets in an accident, he or she may be on the hook for property damages, medical bills, and other costs. If an uninsured driver is found to be at fault, they may have to pay for someone’s medical bills and property damage as well. These costs can quickly add up and may also lead to complex legal battles, including civil suits. If you’re insured, your insurance company may handle these hassles.

Driving without insurance is also against the law in many jurisdictions. You may even have to show proof of insurance when applying for a license plate. Failing to get insurance could lead to criminal charges and other legal issues.

Auto Insurance May Cover Other Damages

Many cars end up destroyed during severe weather events, such as tornadoes or hurricanes. If a car isn’t insured, the motorist may have to cover the damage themselves. In many cases, the motorist may simply not have enough money to repair or replace the vehicle. As a result, folks could end up stranded. Owners may also have to cover damage caused by break-ins and other events.

Reach Out To Us

While coverage may vary from plan to plan, the right auto insurance policy might cover damage incurred in any of the above scenarios. Visit D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK to learn more.

Safety Tips For Aging Drivers

Driving changes a lot during different seasons of life. New drivers face very different challenges than adult drivers. Aging drivers also have their own special set of challenges. At D & E Insurance Agency serving the greater Muskogee, OK region, we are here to help you better understand some of these challenges so that you can stay safe drivers for years to come.

Here are some safety tips for aging drivers:

Take A Safety Course

Odds are you learned how to drive many years ago. It is a good idea to take a safety course or a defensive driving course to refresh yourself on some of the safety rules you should be following. Taking a driver’s safety course can also sometimes earn you discounts on your car insurance. 

Keep Up With Eye Appointments 

It is not an unusual thing for our eyesight to suffer as we age. Poor eyesight will greatly increase your risk of accidents when driving. To keep yourself and others safe, you will need to stay up to date on your eye appointments. You also need to make sure you use the proper eyeglasses or contacts prescription for any vision problems you may have. Although these things can sometimes feel annoying, they are crucial to your safety and the safety of other drivers. 

Pay Attention To Medications 

As we age, sometimes it is necessary to start taking medication. If you are taking medication, be sure that you do not drive after taking anything that might impair your driving in any way. You need to be alert when driving so that your reflexes will be at their best. 

Give Us A Call

If you would like to learn more or are in need of auto insurance, please contact us at D & E Insurance Agency serving Muskogee, OK and the surrounding areas. 

Does auto insurance cover me if I cause an accident when I’m drunk?

No one wants to get into an accident, especially one that they cause. But D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK wants you to understand your auto insurance coverage and what it does (and doesn’t) cover. So, what happens if you cause an accident while you’re drunk?

Does your auto insurance cover you?

In short, no. If you cause an accident while you’re under the influence of alcohol, your auto insurance policy will not cover the damages. Most auto insurance policies have a clause that specifically excludes accidents caused by drunk driving. So, if you choose to drink and drive, you’re doing so at your own risk.

Of course, there are other factors to consider as well. For example, if you have comprehensive coverage, your insurer may cover damages caused by an accident even if you were drunk at the time. However, this is typically only the case if the accident was due to reasons beyond your control (like bad weather).

In addition, it is necessary to be aware that some states have "no-fault" laws regarding car accidents. These types of laws mean that each driver’s insurance company will pay for the policyholder’s damages resulting from the accident, without considering who may have caused the accident. But, Oklahoma is an at-fault, or “tort” state. So if you cause an accident then you are responsible for all medical bills and property loss. 

Contact Us Today

If you cause an accident while you’re under the influence of alcohol, your auto insurance will not cover the damage. So, if you choose to drink and drive, you’re doing so at your own risk. If you have any questions or want more details, please contact the D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Required Auto Insurance in Oklahoma

When you have a vehicle in Oklahoma, it is required to have auto insurance for it. Drivers must have a policy and provide proof of it when they are asked to do so. There are different types of auto coverage, and there are two types required by state law. If you have an Oklahoma vehicle, and you don’t yet have a policy, it’s time to call us at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK to get started. 

Required Auto Insurance

Liability Auto Coverage

There are two types of liability coverage required by the state and three amounts of coverage needed. The coverage types are bodily injury and property damage liability. There are two amounts required for bodily injury coverage. One is a smaller amount for a single person who is injured in an accident you are liable for. The second is a larger amount for all of the injured parties from the accident. There is also an amount required for property damage which pays for the damage to vehicles, landscaping, buildings, etc., caused in an accident that is your fault. All of these required amounts are relatively low when you consider how much medical bills and vehicle repairs can be. You can add to the amount of coverage you have for liability in order to better protect yourself. 

Other Auto Coverage

There are other types of auto coverage that you can add to your policy. It’s often recommended that you get collision coverage. This pays for your own property’s damage after you have caused an accident. Comprehensive coverage is a type that covers various risks to your vehicle when it isn’t being driven.  

Get Your Auto Insurance

Never go without auto insurance for as long as you own your car. To get started, call us at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Does my auto insurance cover a rental car

When you choose an independent insurance agent,  they work for you not for one insurance company. Independent agents represent many carriers, which allows them to find one that is the perfect fit for every customer. At D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK, we work with our customers to personalize their insurance coverage. 

When it comes to renting a car, you will probably be doing it online. These days it is the usual way to rent a car. As soon as you have placed your dates, destination, and car choice, questions about insurance coverage will start to pop up. Nobody wants to pay for insurance they don’t need at the same time, no one wants to be driving without having the coverage they need. 

Whether or not your auto insurance will cover a rental car depends on exactly what your policy looks like. If it is a basic auto insurance policy, then there will not be enough coverage. You need to have a policy with collision and comprehensive coverage. It needs to protect the vehicle itself, not just you, from liability. 

Before you decide to say yes to any coverage that the rental car company offers, check with your credit card company to find out if it provides rental car coverage. Many of them do. 

You do not need to take additional liability coverage from the rental car company if you are happy with your coverage. If you have home, condo, or renters insurance, you don’t need theft insurance for your vehicle. All you need is a CDW that takes you out of the picture in the event of damage to the car. It’s expensive but gives peace of mind.  

Contact D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK when you are in the market for auto insurance.  

Required Auto Insurance in Oklahoma

In Oklahoma, there are laws about the kind of insurance that you must have on your vehicle as well as how much of each coverage type you need. This is not a limit on how much insurance you can have, however. It’s generally recommended to add more coverage to an auto policy in Oklahoma. The required amounts in Oklahoma are low when compared to other states, and adding onto your maximum payout amounts is a smart move. If you’re interested in auto insurance, call us today at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Bodily Injury Liability

When you get your auto insurance, there are two amounts of bodily injury liability protection that you must have. This includes a specific amount of coverage for one person who becomes injured in an accident. There is another, the higher amount required for when an accident injures two or more people. Both of these amounts are too low to pay for a serious accident in many cases. In some cases, the medical bills may go on for weeks or more as someone receives care after the accident. Your bodily injury coverage even pays for your own lawyer’s fees. 

Property Damage Liability

The state of Oklahoma also requires you to have at least a specific amount of coverage for any property that is damaged during an accident that you caused. This coverage can cover items in the other car that get broken in the crash as well as property damage is done to a home or to landscaping. This coverage is vitally important not only because it’s required but because it can save you from financial disaster if another vehicle or other items are damaged and you don’t have the money to fix it all. 

Get Your Auto Insurance

If you need auto insurance in Oklahoma, call us at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Do You Have Enough Auto Insurance?

With so many motor vehicle coverages available, most vehicle owners face the challenging task of determining the exact amount of insurance they need. Ask any insurance agent, and they will tell you they’ve encountered the question: how much car insurance coverage do I need? 

Unfortunately, there’s no precise answer to the inquiry. The amount of auto insurance needed primarily depends on the number of coverage you are considering and the deductibles you can comfortably bear. According to the D & E Insurance Agency of Muskogee, OK, here is how you determine the amount of car insurance needed.

Liability Insurance

In almost all the states, the law requires that you have liability insurance cover if you own a vehicle. This insurance coverage comes to your rescue when your car causes injuries or damages to other people or their properties. 

Whereas you can’t predict the extent of damages or injuries you’d cause, you should have higher liability coverage — this would enable you to cover more damages. 

Experts recommend having 100/300/100 liability insurance if you are to be on the safe side. This simply means $100,000 per individual, $300,000 per crash (bodily injuries), and $100,000 (property damage liability). If you have a high liability exposure, consider umbrella insurance. 

Collision Insurance

This sort of insurance coverage protects your auto in case of a collision with other cars or properties. It’s essential to have this coverage as it covers your auto’s repair cost after an accident. But how much of it do you need? You should have coverage that repairs or replaces your vehicle without incurring out-of-pocket expenses. 

Comprehensive Insurance

Unlike the collision insurance cover, comprehensive insurance coverage shields your vehicle from any damage that arises from reasons other than collision. For instance, a falling object can hit your auto while it’s parked. Like collision coverage, you should carry comprehensive insurance sufficient to cover repairer replacement of your vehicle without incurring expenses from your pocket apart from the deductibles.

The bottom line

Although there are several other auto insurance coverages that you should consider when answering the question “how much motor vehicle insurance do I require?” the above are the most common. If you are stranded, D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK will guide you to figure out the amount of insurance you need. 

Partner Carriers

  • Access Insurance Company
  • American Modern
  • AmWINS
  • Equity Insurance Company
  • Gainsco
  • Harbor
  • Liberty Bankers Life
  • National Lloyds
  • The National Security Group
  • Progressive
  • Traders Insurance
  • Travelers
  • UAIC