Click to Call
D & E Insurance Agency

1903 N Main St,
Muskogee, OK 74401

Get Directions

D & E Insurance Agency Blog

Why Every Homeowner Needs Home Insurance

Owning a home is a big responsibility, and part of that is to get a home insurance policy. If you need a home policy, give us a call today at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Protection for the House

The house itself is an enormous investment that you need to protect. With home insurance, you are protected against a wide variety of situations including disasters and accidents that can happen to a house. With this protection, you can have the house repaired or rebuilt after something serious happens to it. The policy can even pay for you to live somewhere else while the repairs are made if the house is uninhabitable. 

Covering Your Possessions

Another part of home insurance is the coverage for your belongings that are located in the house or on the grounds. This coverage allows for you to get help with replacing items if you should have significant amounts of damage or destruction happen to your things. Often, damage to the house and to the belongings happens at the same time, and both issues may be covered with home insurance. 

Taking Care of Liability 

When you own a house, you may be held liable for a number of accidents that can happen in your home or yard. Often, accidents like this lead to injuries, and this can then lead to lawsuits. When you have home insurance, your liability is covered. This can help to prevent lawsuits as well as protecting your finances against owning major medical bills due to an accident. It can help you to protect your family’s future by paying for these bills. It may also pay for lost wages after an accident if needed. 

Get Home Insurance

If you don’t have your home insurance policy yet, don’t wait. Call us at D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK.

Tips for a safer home

Creating a safer home should be a priority for everyone, no matter their age. Safety needs to be looked at from the outside and the inside of your home. You want to keep any danger from entering and make sure that basic safety protocol is in place. At D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK, we work for our customers to make sure we provide them with the best possible coverage at affordable prices. 

Install a home security system

Home security systems have become more affordable than ever. You can purchase a system you install yourself for the price of a couple of dinners out at a restaurant. It can be as simple as a doorbell camera or additional cameras installed to give you a view around your entire home. They connect to your smartphone, and you can make sure your home is safe even if you’re away. 

Door and window locks

Have a good door lock and deadbolt is a simple way to make your home safer. Of course, you do need to make sure it is locked at all times. Check windows to make the locks are also engaged. Safety bars are available for sliders that make them impossible to open. 

Don’t have large bushes close to your home.

Keep large bushes away from your home. You don’t want to provide any place where some can hide from view. If someone is looking your home over, they will be visible to you and your neighbors.

Change the batteries in detectors.

Most homeowners have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in their homes. They need to be operational to provide safety. Even if they’re hardwired, they have battery backup, and these batteries should be changed every 6 months.   

When you are in the market for home insurance, D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK is here for you. 

Getting your home ready for an emergency

All kinds of emergencies happen regularly, and Oklahoma is no exempt. On average, there are 52 tornados in Oklahoma every year. That is a staggering figure. But it does make you realize getting your home ready for an emergency is important. In Muskogee, OK, D & E Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency. We will work with you to make sure you have the right insurance and at a great price. 

Preparing for an emergency involves many different things. It can be having smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home. It means having a first aid kit so you are prepared for any small injuries that may happen. It would be best if you discussed an emergency plan with your family. Setting up an emergency exit route from your home is important. In the event of a fire, you need to rehearse how you would get out of the home and alternative plans if one exit route is blocked. Having an escape route can save lives. 

Losing power is an emergency you can be sure will happen to you. Many simple things can make sure your home is ready. Here are some things you should have on hand:

  • Three days of bottled water
  • Three days of non-perishable food
  • A generator and fuel 
  • Flashlights and batteries
  • Battery or crank-operated lanterns
  • Manual can opener

Protecting your important papers is one of the most crucial things you can do. Put them together in a fire and water-resistant container. You might want to put your favorite irreplaceable photos in there as well. Make sure you are signed up with your cellphone provider to receive emergency alerts. 

Your home is your castle, and ensuring it is protected is the best thing you can do for it and your peace of mind. Contact D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK for all your home insurance needs.

Partner Carriers

  • Access Insurance Company
  • American Modern
  • AmWINS
  • Equity Insurance Company
  • Gainsco
  • Harbor
  • Liberty Bankers Life
  • National Lloyds
  • The National Security Group
  • Progressive
  • Traders Insurance
  • Travelers
  • UAIC