Click to Call
D & E Insurance Agency

1903 N Main St,
Muskogee, OK 74401

Get Directions

D & E Insurance Agency Blog

Auto Insurance Requirements in Muskogee, OK

If you live in the city of Muskogee, OK, and are interested in learning more about auto insurance in your area, agencies such as D & E Insurance Agency can help answer your questions and teach you more about the benefits of auto insurance and why it is mandated in Oklahoma.

In Oklahoma, anyone who drives a vehicle must have a minimum amount of auto insurance coverage. In fact, before you go to the DMV in Oklahoma to register your car, you will need proof that you have current auto insurance. Additionally, you will need to bring personal identification documents, such as your vehicle title. Then, you will need to take your car to the nearest Oklahoma Tax Commission or Oklahoma Department of Public Safety within the next 30 days to see a tag agent who will inspect your vehicle and confirm the vehicle identification number and odometer reading.

In addition to all of this, you need to ensure that you meet all of the minimum legal requirements for auto insurance coverage in Oklahoma. You will need property damage liability coverage for $25,000, as well as bodily injury liability coverage and uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage (both in the amount of $25,000 per person, in addition to $50,000 per accident).

Teenage drivers in Oklahoma needed to follow certain rules when it comes to auto insurance as well. They need to meet all of the requirements to receive a learner’s permit and then a license, and they must be covered by auto insurance in the state of Oklahoma, just like any adult who lives in the state.

If you are a Muskogee, OK resident, and want to know more about auto insurance, you should feel free to contact the professionals at D & E Insurance Agency. We will answer any questions you might have and point you in the right direction regarding what policy you should get for yourself.

How commercial insurance can benefit my small business

Small businesses are the foundation of the American economy. More than 95% of Oklahoma businesses are small businesses and employ more than 50% of the private workforce. This makes keeping your small business operating important to both you and your employees. So many things can go wrong, and nobody knows better than you as a business owner. Commercial insurance can protect you from many of them. Your insurance agent will access your risk and make suggestions for the types of coverage that would offer you the best protection. In Muskogee, OK, D & E Insurance Agency provides personalized service to all our customers. 

Commercial liability

As a business owner, you are all too aware of how vulnerable to being sued you are. If you aren’t, you should be. More than 50% of civil lawsuits target small businesses. You can be prepared for anything that happens by having the right amount of commercial liability coverage. Whether someone is injured while visiting your place of business or by one of your products, you will be covered for legal expenses and any judgment against you. 

Commercial property insurance

Even if you rent the building that houses your business, commercial property insurance offers important coverage. It will help you get back into operation if you are hit by a covered hazard like a fire or storm. It covers your company’s physical assets, machinery, office equipment, records, inventory, and all the property you need to run your business. 

Business Owner’s Policy

A business owner’s policy (BOP) combines commercial liability and commercial property insurance. It usually is less expensive than getting the policies separately. Other coverages to consider are commercial auto, business interruption, and workers’ compensation.

Contact D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK with any questions you may have about your commercial insurance needs. 

Getting your home ready for an emergency

All kinds of emergencies happen regularly, and Oklahoma is no exempt. On average, there are 52 tornados in Oklahoma every year. That is a staggering figure. But it does make you realize getting your home ready for an emergency is important. In Muskogee, OK, D & E Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency. We will work with you to make sure you have the right insurance and at a great price. 

Preparing for an emergency involves many different things. It can be having smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home. It means having a first aid kit so you are prepared for any small injuries that may happen. It would be best if you discussed an emergency plan with your family. Setting up an emergency exit route from your home is important. In the event of a fire, you need to rehearse how you would get out of the home and alternative plans if one exit route is blocked. Having an escape route can save lives. 

Losing power is an emergency you can be sure will happen to you. Many simple things can make sure your home is ready. Here are some things you should have on hand:

  • Three days of bottled water
  • Three days of non-perishable food
  • A generator and fuel 
  • Flashlights and batteries
  • Battery or crank-operated lanterns
  • Manual can opener

Protecting your important papers is one of the most crucial things you can do. Put them together in a fire and water-resistant container. You might want to put your favorite irreplaceable photos in there as well. Make sure you are signed up with your cellphone provider to receive emergency alerts. 

Your home is your castle, and ensuring it is protected is the best thing you can do for it and your peace of mind. Contact D & E Insurance Agency in Muskogee, OK for all your home insurance needs.

Partner Carriers

  • Access Insurance Company
  • American Modern
  • AmWINS
  • Equity Insurance Company
  • Gainsco
  • Harbor
  • Liberty Bankers Life
  • National Lloyds
  • The National Security Group
  • Progressive
  • Traders Insurance
  • Travelers
  • UAIC